Creating opportunities to support service activities, community building events, and spiritual development.
Grants4Good is a program that allows Catholic United to provide funds that enhance events in parishes and communities. By offering grant opportunities in the areas of service, family, and faith, we are able to see Catholic communities thrive and grow in many different ways.
What to Know
Requirements - Events eligible for a grant must meet three criteria in order to be considered:
- The event coordinator must be a member of Catholic United Financial
- There must be a sales representative serving your community
- Grant funds must be used to support or enhance an event
Eligibility - Grant availability differs for parishes, Councils, and Parish Volunteer Teams
- Any parish without a Catholic United Council or Parish Volunteer Team can receive funds toward an event at a parish that supports an activity for family or service.
- Sales Representatives apply on behalf of their parish for funding toward one event per calendar year.
- Catholic United Councils can receive one grant per year worth up to $500 toward a service procject they organize during the year.
- Catholic United Parsih Volunteer Teams (PVTs) can receive up to a total of three grants, one in each category:
- One Gather4Faith grant up to a maximum of $500 that supports faith development.
- One Gather4Family grant up to a maximum of $500 that supports family and fellowship.
- One Gather4Servie grant up to a maximum of $500 that supports a service project.
Deadlines - Eligible parishes should contact their Sales Representative to apply. Councils, and Parish Volunteer Teams must apply in Isidore.
- Applications must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the event date to be considered for full funding
- Grants are reviewed on a continuous basis to ensure payment is processed prior to the event date.
- Grant funds are limited and applying does not guarantee funding.
Types of Grants
The Gather4Service Grant is designed to create an opportunity for your community to go out and DO something good.
“What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you? You see that faith was active along with works, and faith was brought to completion by the works.”
[James 2: 11, 14]
- Improve and update the quality and safety of a local playground
- Package and provide meals for homeless and those in need
- Community improvement projects
- Make blankets for a shelter or nursery
The Gather4Family Grant is designed to enhance events held to CELEBRATE family and friendships in your parish community.
“O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his steadfast love endures forever.” [Psalm 118]
- Summer picnic with lawn games
- Put on an outdoor movie night
- Organize a Christmas concert or talent show
- Sponsor a Christian musician at a family night event
The Gather4Faith Grant is designed to provide an opportunity to GROW in faith, together as a community.
“For by grace you have been saved through faith, and this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” [Ephesians 2:8]
- Coordinate a "Theology on Tap" series
- Bring in a Catholic speaker for an event(s)
- Provide religious materials for spiritual growth (consecration books, couple's faith, retreats, etc.)
- Host a youth lock-in with a focus on spiritual growth