Annuities are guaranteed savings vehicles for income needs later in life.
An annuity is a contract between you and Catholic United Financial. You commit to paying premium payments to your annuity. We commit to provide you a guaranteed minimum interest rate for the life of the contract and a guaranteed source of future income with certain tax advantages (generally at retirement). The growth of an annuity is guaranteed and your principle is protected from loss.
Email your local Sales Representative for current annuity rates offered by Catholic United Financial.
What types of annuities are available?
Single premium annuity
- Offers tax-deferred growth on deposits of $5,000 or more
- Guaranteed minimum interest rate for the life of the contract
- Perfect for IRA, pension and 401(k) rollovers
Bonus Plus annuity
- guaranteed 3% APY for the first year of the contract on new accounts
- lifetime guaranteed minimum rate of 1.5% APY
- no stock market risk
- minimum deposit $2,500, maximum $400,000 per household
- no account service fees
- eligible for 401(k) or IRA rollovers
Flexible premium annuity
- Start saving for retirement with just a $300 minimum deposit, or only $25 per month (EFT)
- Your annuity will never lose value
- Catholic United promises a guaranteed minimum interest rate for the life of the contract
- Purchased by a single premium payment
- Contract starts making monthly direct deposits to you immediately
- Payments are guaranteed over the lifetime of one or two people (joint and survivor)
- Guaranteed period of 5, 10, 15, or 20 years (period certain)
Benefits of owning an annuity
- Protection from stock market risk
- Guaranteed rate of return
- Guaranteed income stream for retirement
- Protection of your principal
- Competitive interest rate
- Source of retirement income
- No upfront service charges or annual fees
- No surrender charges after 5 years
How do I buy an annuity?
Purchasing an annuity involves an application that asks about the funding sources you will use to make your annuity premium payments. Once accepted, we issue a contract that explains your rights as the annuity owner, how the annuity will provide income once it has matured, and what a beneficary can expect if you should pass away before the balance of the annuity is paid out.
We also offer IRAs (Individual Retirement Annuities) and specialized retirement plans (TSAs and SEPs).